Assistant Professor and Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mathematics
University of Western Ontario
Office: Middlesex College (MC) 119
My research interests lie at the intersection of algebraic combinatorics,
algebraic geometry and topology. In particular, I am interested in toric and
elliptic analogues of hyperplane arrangements. I completed my Ph.D. at the University of Oregon under the supervision of Nick Proudfoot, and I am currently a postdoc
at Western University under the supervision of
Graham Denham. Starting in the
fall, I will be a postdoctoral assistant professor at the University of Michigan.
Here is my CV and my Research Statement.
Here are my publications/preprints, including links to posters/slides/video from selected presentations:
- Cohomology of abelian arrangements
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 144 (2016), pp. 3093-3104.
- poster presented at the workshop
Configuration Spaces: Geometry, Topology, and Representation Theory in Cortona,
Italy, in September 2014
- video of presentation at the workshop Computational Geometric Topology in Arrangement Theory at ICERM in Providence, RI, in July 2015.
- Quadratic-linear duality and rational homotopy theory of chordal
arrangements, with Justin Hilburn
Algebraic & Geometric Topology 16 (2016), pp. 2637-2661.
- slides from a presentation in the AMS special session ``Algebraic and Topological Methods in Combinatorics'' at the Joint Math Meetings in Seattle, WA, in January 2016.
- Representation stability for the cohomology of arrangements associated to
arXiv:1603.08131 (link), submitted.
- slides from a presentation in the special session ``Topology and Combinatorics of Arrangements (in honor of Mike Falk)'' at the AMS Spring Eastern Sectional Meeting in Stony Brook, NY, in March 2016.
- poster presented at the Intro Workshop on
Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry at the Fields Institute in Toronto, Canada, in
- slides from a presentation in the special
session ``Representation stability and its applications" at the AMS Spring
Central Sectional Meeting in Bloomington, IN, in April 2017.
Courses that I have taught at the University of Western Ontario are:
- Calc 1000A Calculus I : Fall 2015 (website)
- Math 1228B Methods of Finite Math : Winter 2016 (info on OWL)
- Math 1600A Linear Algebra I : Summer 2016 (info on OWL, course outline)
- Math 2151A Discrete Structures for Engineering : Fall 2016 (info on OWL, course outline)
Courses that I have taught at the University of Oregon are:
- Math 111 College Algebra : Fall 2009, Winter 2010, Spring 2010, Summer 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012 (x2)
- Math 112 Elementary Functions : Winter 2013
- Math 242 Business Calculus II : Winter 2011 (TA), Spring 2011 (TA), Summer 2012
- Math 243 Statistics : Fall 2010 (TA), Summer 2011
- Math 251 Calculus I : Winter 2012, Spring 2012, Fall 2013, Fall 2014
- Math 252 Calculus II : Winter 2014, Winter 2015
- Math 315 Elementary Analysis : Spring 2015
Created by Christin Bibby, updated Mar. 15, 2017