Christopher S. Henry
Ph.D student at Western University
09/2014 - present
Advisor: Prof. David Riley
PI-algebras, combinatorial algebra/group theory, noncommutative algebra,
Hopf algebras, free algebras, formal languages.
- MSc in Mathematics: 2012 McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Advisor: Prof. Hans U. Boden
Title: The (Nested) Word Problem: Formal Languages, Group Theory, and Languages of Nested Words
- MA in Economics: 2011 Western University, London, ON
- Honours (Co-op) Bachelor of Science, Mathematics & Statistics (Mathematics Specialization): 2009 McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- H. Chen, C.S. Henry, K.P. Huynh, Q.R. Shen, and K. Vincent, Measuring consumer cash holdings: Lessons from the 2013 Bank of Canada Methods-of-Payment survey,
Survey Practice, 9 (4), (2016), 9pp. Link.
- C.S. Henry,
The (nested) word problem, Information Processing Letters,116, (2016) 729-734. Link.
- C.S. Henry, K.P. Huynh, and Q.R. Shen,
2013 Methods-of-Payment Survey Results, Bank of Canada Discussion Paper 2015-4, (2015), 49pp. Link.
- C.S. Henry,
A bound on the codimensions of a PI-algebra using group geometry, submitted (2016), 9pp. arXiv copy.
- Western Doctoral Scholarship, Western University 2014 - 24 months.
- NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarship (Master's) 2010 - 12 months.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship 2009 - 12 months.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award 2009 - 4 months.
- Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker Scholarship, McMaster University 2008.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award 2008 - 4 months.
- University Senate Scholarship, McMaster University 2007.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award 2007 - 4 months.
- Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker Scholarship, McMaster University 2006.
- University Senate Scholarship, McMaster University 2005.
- Nortel Networks Entrance Scholarship 2004 - 24 months.
- Joint Statistical Meetings, August 8, 2013
Topic contributed session
Title: Bayesian solutions to missing data problems in a consumer payments survey.
- Geometric group theory seminar. Fall, 2011
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Title: Mapping class group of the n-punctured sphere is automatic
- Teaching Assistant, 2015-2016 Western University
Math 2120: Intermediate Linear Algebra (Winter 2016)
Math 3120: Group theory (Winter 2016)
Math 2155: Mathematical Structures (Fall 2015)
Math 3020: Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Fall 2015)
- Teaching Assistant, 2014-2015 Western University
Calculus 1501: Calculus II for Mathematical and Physical Sciences (Summer 2015)
Math 1600: Linear Algebra I (Winter 2015)
Some linear algebra resources
Math 1600: Linear Algebra I (Fall 2014)
- Teaching Assistant, 2011-2012 McMaster University
Math 2S03: Linear Algebra III (Winter 2012)
Math 1LS3: Life Science Calculus (Fall 2011)
Math help centre: Tutoring duties (Fall 2011)
- Teaching Assistant, 2010-2011 Western University
Econ 1022A: Introductory Macroeconomics - 3 sections (Winter 2011)
Econ 1021A: Introductory Microeconomics - 3 sections (Fall 2011)
- Teaching Assistant, 2009-2010 McMaster University
Math 2S03: Linear Algebra III (Winter 2010)
Math 3B03: Geometry - marking duties (Fall 2009)
Math help centre: Tutoring duties (Fall 2009)